- October 22 - The Sunset Tavern (Ballard) - Headwaves, Fine Prince, Ronhaar
Sunshine pop band, Fine Prince, was formed in early 2014 during a state of reverie in the damp foggy grey of Seattle, WA, and delivered into the tender green spring.
These elements are reflected in the band's sound, which ranges from exuberant and bright, to whimsical and wry, with danceable beats, electric guitars, cool synths, dreamy keys, and lush vocal harmonies.
Fine Prince is:
Jamie Henwood - guitar, vocals
Jessie Allen - guitar, vocals
Matt Jackson - synth, vocals
Leah Tousignant (Leah T) - keys, vocals
Stanley Crescendo (Brite Lines) - bass
Brian Coyne (Purple Mane) - drums
- Don Yates, Music Director at KEXP FM (Seattle) had this to say about the Lookout EP: "This Seattle band debuts with a solid 6-song EP of genial, psych-tinged pop combining bright guitars and synths with sunny pop hooks."
- KEXP FM (Seattle) shares some photos of us from their Hood-to-Hood 2016 live music showcase.
- The Monarch Review talks to Jamie about his musical roots.
- No Depression premieres "Nostalgia".
- Vanguard Seattle covers the Rudy's Barbershop x Caffe Vita compilation, Buzzed Cuts, featuring our debut single, "Steady Climb".
- "The nicest band in Seattle." - DJ Troy Nelson, KEXP FM (Seattle)
- In November 2015 Fine Prince was chosen by Converse Rubber Tracks for studio time at Avast! Recording Co.
- "Log Lady" placed in Freakonomics podcast episode 240: "Yes, the American Economy Is in a Funk — but not for the Reasons You Think.”
- "Peanut Butter Brain" placed in Freakonomics podcast episode 250: "Are We in a Mattress Store Bubble?"
- "Fine Prince know their way around a catchy, electro-pop hook." - Jonathan Zwickel, City Arts Magazine